Today, 2L went on a fantastic Educational Visit to the Horniman Museum as part of our Toys And Games Topic. We would like to say a big thank you to the parents and carers who came with us on our Visit – they helped make it a fabulous day.
First, we had nearly an hour to look around the museum, so we went to see the Natural History section. We saw many animals and fossils, including a tiger, a giant walrus, many types of birds and even a ‘merman,’ which had been made from the tail of a fish and the torso of a monkey!
Next, we had a wonderful Puppet Workshop. We learned about lots of different types puppets from all over the world. We saw Indian string puppets, stick or rod puppets, Victorian hand puppets and shadow puppets from Bali.
Finally, we had a Toys And Games workshop where we played with and discussed toys from different countries, including Zimbabwe. Here are the photos:
In class, we have been looking at e-safety and have designed our own sets of rules to keep us safe on the internet. The rules the children have created include:
- make sure you have all your accounts set to Private, never Public
- if a window pops up saying we could win a prize, we do not click anything, we step away from the computer and go to tell an adult
- we don’t use social media unless we are with an adult
- we make sure we are playing games which are age – appropriate
- we never use our real name, real address or school name
- we never agree to meet up with anyone we met online
- if we see a picture we find upsetting, we tell an adult straight away
- if we didn’t tell an adult straight away, we tell them as soon as we remember, even if it’s later that evening. They won’t be cross, they will be impressed that we did the grown up thing and told them what had happened
- if anything pops up that we don’t recognise, we do not press it. We step away from the computer and tell an adult, just in case.
2L had an exciting day when we went on a local visit to New Cross Fire Station, as part of our Great Fire Of London Topic. The fire fighters were very kind and let us try on their helmets, climb inside the fire engine and squirt water from the special fire hose. A fire fighter came down the pole for us to see and they even let us have a laugh at Miss Lepere when she tried on a full fire safety suit!