This morning, we have been lucky enough to be joined by some lovely parents who have helped us to make delicious bread. We combined our learning from several different areas during this exciting task:-
- Reading – to help us follow the recipe carefully.
- Maths – we weighed the flour and measured the water.
- PHSME – practising our co-operation and communication skills.
- History – finding out what Thomas Farriner’s job involved.
- D&T – learning about food hygiene and food technology.
- Science – looking at how materials change when they are heated.
Our loaves are currently proving for their final time and will be going into the oven in a few minutes. At the end of the day, we will get to take them home and share them with our families. Yum!
Whilst waiting for the dough to prove, our fabulous parents also read with us too. Thank you!