This week you have made a prototype glove in science and DT. Your homework for this week is to write and explanation of how you did it!
Remember to include the key features of an explanation text:
1. Write a title at the top of your page explaining what your piece of writing is about.
2. Write a few sentences to explain what gloves are and what they we use them for. You could start your sentences with: ‘Gloves are…’ and ‘People have been…’.
3. Start a new paragraph. In this paragraph EXPLAIN how you made the gloves. To do this, break down the process into steps. Try to use the following connectives in your writing: firstly, secondly, next, after that, then, later and finally. Draw diagrams to help explain your writing if needed – make sure these are drawn neatly and coloured in well.
4. Start a new paragraph; use this paragraph to end your explanation writing by summarising what you have written about.
5. Read back through your work to check that it makes sense.
2 J cloths